CALL FOR PAPERS
Gastronomic tourism is an emerging business. As recognized by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), more and more tourists choose a destination based on its gastronomy. The XXIII Edition of the International Tourism Congress will be entitled "Territory, Gastronomy and Tourism" and will be held on May 22 and 23, 2019.
- Local gastronomy as a cultural heritage: culinary identity of the destination
- Agents participating in the gastronomic tourism value chain
- Tourism planning and management in the territory
- Training and professionalization of gastronomic tourism
- Leadership and talent management in tourism development
- Public-private collaboration: new governance models
- Public management of gastronomic brands
- Transformation of the primary sector into a tourist resource (agrotourism, wine tourism, oleotourism, fishing tourism, ...)
- Image analysis and gastronomic positioning of the destination
- Influence of gastronomic recognition on the territory
- Creation and development of gastronomic tourism products and experiences associated with the endogenous potential of the destination
- The role of ICT in the development of tourism activity
- Intelligence in tourism: quantify and characterize the gastronomic tourist
- Media specialized in gastronomic tourism
- Gastronomy and big events
- Tourism contribution to the sustainability of the destination and the development of the SDGs
- Trends in gastronomic tourism
This edition counts with two kinds of participants, those who present papers and thos who present posters.
The presentations can be held in person or via video-conference (on-line).
- Papers: in this case the selection process begins with the submission of the full text of the communication. Upon receipt of a Scientific Committee will evaluate the proposals and select the communications that will be exhibited at the Congress (there is a limited amount of time reserved for exposing communications).
- Posters: you need to send an abstract of your poster to be valued.
Once it has been approved, the size of the poster must be 90x60 cm. During the Congress, members of the scientific committee will form a comission to select the best paper, which will be awarded with a cash prize of 500€. This paper will be published in the journal “Papers de Turisme”, edited by the Generalitat Valenciana.
Before the Congress, authors of the selected papers may introduce modifications suggested by the Scientific Committee or updates on their work, which will only be admitted for distribution if they are sent by email to Fundación Universitat Jaume I-Empresa.
After the Congress, authors of the selected papers will send the final text of the work to the Fundación Universitat Jaume I-Empresa by email. The Fundacion Universitat Jaume I Empresa has the commitment of publishing all papers selected in the Congress’s book (published by a national editorial), but the organization does not assume travelling and assistance costs for speakers.
Only the works of speaker who are registered in the Congress will be published.
Papers should have the following standards:
Regarding the length: minimum of 15 pages and a maximum of 20 (maximum 5200 words including references, tables and figures ), following the structure that follows :
The title page should include: title, author/s (maximum of 3 authors per work), subject for which the paper is presented, address, phone and e-mail of contact. The rest of pages will follow the next rules:
- Main title in capital letters and bold (font type: Times New Roman 12, single spaced)
- Shifted titles in bold and numbered (Size 11)
- Subsections lowercase, bold and numbered (Size 11)
Also, the full text should have a summary and keywords in Spanish and English.
Minor rankings should be lettered as follows: a) b) c) etc...
The references in the text should be cited in parentheses with the author's name and year of publication.
The final bibliography should be done as follows:
- Vera et al (1997): Territorial Analysis of Tourism. Edit. Ariel. Barcelona.
- Yague Perales, R. (2002): "Rural Tourism in Spain. Annuals of Tourism Research 29 : 1101-1110
If references to Web pages are made, they must go at the end of the bibliography.
Call for Paper’s Deadlines:
- 20th of April 2020: The full text of the Paper should be sent before this date.
- 30th of April 2020: Communication of selected papers.
- 10th and 11th of June 2020: XXIII Congress of Tourism.
Submissions should be made to the following address:
Fundación Universitat Jaume I-Empresa
Campus Riu Sec, Edifici "Escola de Doctorat i Consell Social", 12071-Castelló
Teléfono: 964.387222; Fax 964387010
Dr. Rafael Lapiedra